what do extended warranties cover?
An extended warranty is like an insurance policy on your vehicle, it is a safeguard against unforeseen repairs. An extended warranty may be purchased at the time you buy your vehicle, but it is also possible to purchase one later. If you're the type who likes to be prepared for all possibilities, an extended warranty may be just what you're looking for. With the ever increasing cost of vehicle repairs, these can make a lot of sense.
IN DECIDING WHETHER AN EXTENDED WARRANTY IS RIGHT FOR YOU, AND IN SELECTING THE BEST PLAN, YOU"LL NEED TO CONSIDER SOME THINGS...
- How long do you plan on keeping the vehicle.
- How many km's you believe you will drive during that period.
- Is the extended warranty from the manufacturer, the dealer, or a third party provider.
- There are differences in deductible. Some are pay per visit, or per repair, or none at all. Be sure you understand the difference before you buy.
- Some extended warranties are transferrable should you decide to sell the car before the end of the warranty. Find out the details.
- What exactly is covered? Does it cover breakdown as well as wear and tear?
- We may be able to provide you with an extended warranty that meets all of your needs. Please contact our Financial Services Manager who will be happy to answer all of your questions.