How do i change windshield wipers?
Replacing your windshield wipers is a quick, relatively easy task. You can find wipers at most automotive retail stores. If you are unsure of what kind to use, see your owner's manual or ask a representative at the store.
REMOVING THE OLD WIPERS...
- To start, the old wipers must be removed. To do this, pull the entire wiper away from the windshield and it should hold itself up. Be careful though, as the arm is made of metal and may scratch the glass of the windshield.
- Use on hand to hold the arm, and the other to depress the small tab located on the underside of the wiper where it meets the metal arm.
- Slide it off by pulling from the centre toward the bottom of the arm.
- Once removed, gently place the arm against the windshield. In order to prevent any damage, make sure that it does not snap itself back.
PUTTING ON THE NEW WIPERS...
- First, line the two pieces up to ensure that it simply clicks on.
- Look at the side of the wiper that attaches to the arm. You will see that it is flat and has a curve across the top. Rotate this clip until the curve is pointing towards the wiper blade.
- Hold the wiper upside down next to the arm where they match up and put the arm in between the sides of the wiper.
- Make sure that they open end of the curve is facing the clip, and pull the wiper upward so that the rounded edge slides into the hook. Pull it on tightly to click it into place.
REPEAT THE PROCESS ON THE OTHER SIDE AND YOU'RE DONE!
If you find you require some assistance with changing your windshield wipers, you can always drop by Listowel Honda and one of our helpful Service Technicians will be happy to help.